Hi all. After my Acer had been having severe standby battery drain for the last month or so, I tried a battery reset by putting the paperclip into the small battery reset hole but now my laptop doesnt boot anymore! I tried to perform the procedure of pressing the battery reset button for 5 seconds and then turning on but to no avail! If I plug the charger in, the charge light comes on and when I press the power on button, the blue power light comes on but nothing happens. Screen isnt turning on or anything. Any help please? 🙁
It sounds like you’ve encountered a problem with your Acer laptop after attempting a battery reset. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:
- Perform a Power Reset:
- Unplug the charger and remove the battery (if it’s removable).
- Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds to drain any residual power.
- Reconnect the battery (if removable) and plug in the charger.
- Attempt to power on the laptop.
- Check Display Connections:
- Ensure that the display cable (if accessible) is securely connected to the motherboard and the screen. Loose connections can cause the screen not to turn on.
- External Monitor Test:
- Connect your laptop to an external monitor using an HDMI or VGA cable (if available). If the external monitor displays the laptop’s screen, the issue might be related to the laptop’s display.
- BIOS Reset:
- If possible, try performing a BIOS reset. This might involve pressing a specific key or a combination of keys when starting the laptop. Check your laptop’s manual or the manufacturer’s website for instructions on how to reset the BIOS.
- Safe Mode Boot (if possible):
- If the laptop shows signs of life, try booting into safe mode by repeatedly pressing F8 or another designated key during startup. Safe mode can help diagnose software-related issues.
- Contact Acer Support:
- If the above steps do not resolve the issue, consider contacting Acer customer support or a qualified technician for further assistance. They might provide specific guidance or recommend additional solutions.
Please be cautious when attempting these steps and avoid performing tasks that might void your warranty or cause damage to your laptop. If you’re uncertain about any step, it’s best to seek professional help or contact Acer support for tailored assistance.